My Process for Preparing Estate Plans
In order to to create your unique Estate Plan, I follow this process:
(1) We start with a conversation so I may begin to understand your current situation and goals.
(2) When you are ready to move forward, we will sign a Client Services Agreement and you will pay your retainer fee.
(3) We will meet to design your estate plan where we will continue our first conversation. In this meeting we will identify your priorities and concerns plus discuss your current financial situation. I need to understand all of this to incorporate your priorities and goals into the design of the plan.
(5) I will draft your estate plan.
(6) We will meet to review your strategies and make sure you are happy with and understand the plan (this step can be combined with the next step if you are pressed for time).
(7) We shall have another meeting to sign your documents, discuss integrating your finances into the plan, and your balance is paid.
I am flexible and so are my meeting times.
You are a busy person and I get that. Traditionally, the client meets the lawyer at the lawyer's office in some inconvenient location and during ordinary business hours (the same hours that the client needs to work). However, I have made the choice to be less traditional because, after all, it is the 21st century.
After our initial telephone conversation, I will meet with you in the comfort of your home or office so that you won't have to find a sitter, waste precious time driving, and/or take half a day off to see me. Alternatively, we can conduct all of our meetings virtually, either by Face Time, Skype, or on the phone. Plus, you will be meeting with your attorney and not a paralegal.