Protection for Loved Ones with Special Needs
Special Needs Trusts are designed to supplement and enrich the lives of people with disabilities and special needs who receive government assistance, such as SSI for permanent disabilities and Medi-Cal for health care coverage. It is designed to improve the beneficiary's quality of life without disqualifying him/her from the government programs.
The Special Needs Trust (SNT) is designed to prevent isolation, abuse, and neglect of your loved one with special needs when you can no longer be there for him/her. Here are some examples of what the SNT can do for the beneficiary of the trust:
- Enhance lifestyle by providing additional services and items that make life for your loved one more enjoyable.
- Provide a team of advocates for long-term protection of your loved one.
- Enhance quality of life by providing funds for social and recreational activities.
- Provide lifetime financial support and a safe living environment.
- Help with job training and finding employment.
- Preserve public benefits that provide for lifetime medical care and financial assistance.