Shawna Murray Law

Homeowners & Landlords

Legal Services for Homeowners + Landlords

Private Sales Transactions

A private sales transaction can be facilitated by me at rates significantly lower that the typical real estate brokerage. If you are purchasing, selling or gifting your real estate privately,  as an attorney and a licensed real estate broker, I can guide you through the process.

Sellers representing themselves (“For Sale By Owner”), in particular, need an attorney to assist them with the legal rule all California sellers are required to required to met when selling their residential property. 

Transfers in Title of Real Estate

When real estate ownership is changed, is it important that the deed is properly prepared. Grant deeds; Quitclaim Deeds; Transfer to Trust Deeds; Affidavit - Death of Spouse; Affidavit - Death of Joint Tenant and Affidavit - Death of Trustee are some of the title transfer documents that can be prepared for you.

Also, there are some exceptions in California law that allow the new owner to avoid re-assessment by the County Assessor for purposes of property taxation. I can help you take advantage of them when possible.

Leasing + Rental Agreements

I am also a California licensed real estate broker (#1787735). Services for Landlords are available.

Landlords should always have their Tenants sign a Lease Agreement or Rental Agreement to formalize the terms agreed to and to ensure compliance with state laws and I offer preparation services. In addition, I will prepare of the various notices landlords are legally required to give tenants including, but not limited to, Notices to Enter; 3-Day Notices to Pay or Quit; and 30- or 60-Day Notices to Vacate.

I represent Landlords in Unlawful Detainer actions. If you are a Landlord who needs to evict your Tenant for non-payment of rent or for another reason, you will need to file an Unlawful Detainer action. If your rental is held in the name of an LLC (or similar entity), you will need an attorney to represent you in court.